Responsible for managing, leading, coordinating, and administering the project from the conceptual stages through planning, engineering, procurement, construction, start-up, performance testing, initial operations, and prime contract close-out. Responsible for assisting Business Development in expanding current work scope, developing proposal technical and pricing strategies and preparing proposal execution strategies/plans. Also supports communications and presentations to customers. Supervises the development of budgets and schedules, manages performance, reports progress, and initiates action to assure project objectives and schedules are met and work is performed within budget and according to specifications. Resolves problems and coordinates the final turnover of the project to the customer. Provides leadership for the development and maintenance of a high performance project team. Has overall responsibility for Project execution, ensuring that Project is delivered within contract requirements, standards of quality and safety and to Customer and Lemartec performance expectations.
• Reports to and receives technical and functional guidance from the Director of Construction Operations.
• Provides direction to direct project reports.
• Acts as the principal contact for the project scope of work with Customers and Lemartec management throughout the duration
of the project.
• Maintains contact with management personnel from suppliers, subcontractors, and governmental agencies as appropriate.
• Maintains management level relationships with other participating entities responsible for performing services in connection with
the project, including organizations in the community.
Assists BD in developing win plans, preliminary project execution plans, estimating plans, proposal plans, proposals, and contract formulation. Reviews draft prime contract and proposal documents. Develops prime contract strategy and plan. Participates in prime contract negotiations including the negotiations of client/customer deliverables and the schedule for such deliverables. Ensures proper and clear Division of Responsibility (DOR) and integrated work processes.
Establishes an appropriate, integrated organizational structure, including off-project functional and specialist support. Defines and communicates roles, responsibilities and authorities to project team members and the Customer to ensure project completion in a safe manner, within budget, on schedule, and in conformance with the appropriate standards, specifications and applicable regulatory requirements. The project organizational structure should address home office support staff as appropriate.
Ensures scope, design basis and objectives are defined, best practices/lessons learned reviewed, detailed work plans, schedules, budgets and procedures are established, including: Project Execution Plan and Contract Management Plan. Obtains concurrence by the members of the project team, functional management and the Customer. Promotes the use of constructability reviews during project execution.
Monitors and controls all contractual commitments to ensure that all work is being performed in accordance with the specifications, drawings and terms of the contract, that a trend program is in place, and that change orders and claims are processed in a timely manner. Implements and maintains a change management control system. Ensures that all Customer communications on the prime contract are documented.
Facilitates with project team the development, communication, implementation, update and continual use of the Project Execution Plan. Reviews and approves Project Control systems which measure progress / performance, provide early warning of deviations from Plan, and identify corrective actions to be taken.
Identifies quality requirements and ensures the proper processes are identified and implemented to achieve contractual quality commitments. Assesses customer perception of quality on a regular periodic basis.
Oversees the Environmental, Health & Safety program for both the office and field work environments including contractor and subcontractor activities. Ensures design is in accordance with EH&S laws and regulations applicable to the project.
Oversees the Document Control and Records Management function. Coordinates the documentation and software turnover package to the client at the end of the project. Ensures that customer standards for documentation and electronic files are maintained as appropriate.
Reviews and approves bid tabulations for commitments on all major purchase orders, contracts, and sub-contracts, and approves critical changes to these documents in accordance with the delegated commitment authority.
Directs the preparation and presents the Project Status Report (PFSR) to Lemartec management.
Monitors cash flow to minimize the use of Lemartec capital resources on the project. Informs the Customer of the current and anticipated cash requirements. Establishes and controls the budget for non-reimbursable project costs.
Assists in the training of new project managers and other project personnel in key positions through both formal training courses and on-the-job training. Establishes a plan to provide training opportunities for project personnel.
Promotes the management concept of Continuous Improvement (Cl) among all members of the project team. Leads the CI process for the Customer and Lemartec. Promotes, monitors and mentors the concept of total installed cost (TIC). Initiates, promotes and continually practices team building.
Conducts periodic project and Customer meetings consistent with the project communications plan to promote and facilitate communication, review progress/performance, discuss issues and facilitate problem resolution. Develops communication plan to ensure effective communications between the project team, the Customer and off-project operations, Functional Management and Lemartec Senior Management.
Documents all turnover activities and obtains Customer's final acceptance of the work. Prepares and submits the Final Project Report to Lemartec management and the Customer. Closes out the prime contract.
- Knowledge of Lemartec organization, policies, procedures and programs including QA/QC and Safety.
- Knowledge of industry technology and EPC work processes, including knowledge of business practices of Region where project is located. Experience with lump sum, GMP and reimbursable projects.
- Ability to effectively organize and staff a project team in a matrix organization.
Knowledge of front-end activities including:
• Best Practices/Lessons Learned
• Risk Analysis/Contingency Evaluation
• Estimate/Proposal Review Process
Knowledge and understanding of Lemartec standard tools, techniques and procedures including:
• Project Controls (i.e. Procore)
• Financial management (i.e. PSR, Sage)
• Automation, including standard office tools
• Records management
• Root Cause Analysis
Knowledge and experience in baseline development and implementation including:
• Scope Definition
• Roles and Responsibilities
• Estimates and resource loaded schedules
• Progress and performance curves and metrics
• Reports and action items tracking
Business and Commercial awareness including:
• Cash flow management
• Conserving the use of Lemartec capital
Knowledge and experience in Project Execution Plan development and implementation.
Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies.
Knowledge and experience in prime contract and subcontracts formulation, risk analysis, negotiations, and implementation including:
• Change control and documentation management
• Cost trend program and its linkage to change control
• The hierarchy of requirements documents in case of conflict (RFP, Proposal, Contract, etc.)
• Knowledge of project insurance and bonding issues/options.
Oral, written and graphic communication and presentation skills.
Ability to conduct effective meetings.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management.
• 5 to 10 Years of experience as a Project Manager on commercial and/or industrial projects.
• In depth knowledge of all design disciplines, specifications and drawings.
• Proficiency in planning and scheduling utilizing Primavera P6 and/or Microsoft Project.
• Advanced skills associated with Microsoft Office suite of software - Excel/Word/Outlook.
• Working knowledge of standard construction accounting software – Sage.
• Working knowledge of standard Project Management software – Procore.
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• High degree of professionalism and strong work ethic
In addition to the above listed minimum requirements, candidates who poses the following skills, experience, and capabilities may receive greater consideration during the evaluation process:
• Bilingual: English/Spanish