ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Lemartec Procurement Manager is responsible to manage the effective and timely procurement of goods and services to meet the needs of the Estimating and Operation Group, while ensuring compliance with operational procurement policies and procedures. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Develop documentation to ensure scope, notices, terms and conditions are included within estimate solicitations and supplier contracts
- Lead and develop the Project Procurement Plan and ensure its implementation reflects Operations and project strategy.
- Procuring sustainably to securing the best value supply of materials and services at a consistent quality at reasonable cost
- Leveraging Lemartec buying power relationships and expertise to ensure all materials and services are supplied at the lowest total cost of ownership
- Compliance with Operation’s strategy on supply chain management
- Promote/Uphold corporate vision and values (code of conduct etc.)
- Driving One Lemartec Approach, vision and best practice
- Ensure all recommended trade contractors/ goods/service providers have been subject to the Lemartec prequalification process and all suppliers are approved before use.
- Work with Estimating to develop tender lists and supplier/trade contractor selection lists
- Lead the development of project strategies for the procurement of trade contractors, goods and services
- Lead and develop the procurement procedures for the package scope, quantification, tender method, negotiation and subcontract documentation
- Facilitate the cross transfer of knowledge and expertise across different projects/sectors/divisions of the business
- Lead the management of procurement progress against strategy and program.
- Assist Estimating and Operations with mid tender review meetings where appropriate and ensure all RFI's are responded to efficiently and that tenders are returned with the period required
- Assist Estimating and Operations with the appraisal of tender returns and ensure recommendations are forwarded to the relevant parties in line with the procurement program, ensuring final decisions are fully informed
- Ensure material and plant requisitions are processes in a timely and professional manner and that orders and placed for the correct goods/services in line with the project procurement strategy
- Assist DCO and PM’s with review, edits and execution of contracts with clients for individual projects and master service agreements.
- Work with operations and estimating to negotiate contracts terms and pricing with clients and suppliers for individual projects.
- Work with corporate counsel to develop flow-down terms for subcontracts and purchase orders for individual projects.
- Implement a preferred vendor program for consistent pricing and delivery of commodities across supply chain.
- Creating preferred contractors for the preferred vendor program including benchmark rates to allow early contractor involvement and procurement in a timely manner for future waves of schools.
- Work with Operations and Controls Units to maintain central file of executed documents, change orders, lien waivers and contract close-out documents.
- Lead and develop the risk management philosophy for the project and ensure this is cascaded to all project levels to include trades contracts
- Develop logistic strategies for “Just in Time” deliveries
- Ensure the projects adherence to the Lemartec trade contractor / Supplier pre-qualification
- Support the project team in the preparation of package enquiry documents and ensure all procurement related issues are addressed
- Lead the issuing of tender information to comply with the procurement strategy and program
- Undertake line management responsibilities for direct report staff ensuring each is effectively managed, had a current performance review and learning plan, and are able to carry out duties as assigned to them
- Hire and develop new supporting staff
- Provide procurement, manufacturing, and shipping schedule strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction/Project Management, or Business Management
- 5+ years progressive responsibility within Supply Chain functions with emphasis on integrated supply chain, including strategic procurement and related field experience working in Industrial, Electrical, Power, and/or Petrochemical Construction and DesignUS and International Logistics
- Commodity Management
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
In addition to the above listed minimum requirements, candidates who poses the following skills, experience, and capabilities may receive greater consideration during the evaluation process:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT – ALL OFFICE POSITIONS
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Previous Building System experience
- Procurement/Logistics Software
- When visiting jobsites, the work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions
- This work environment may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors and/or loud noises
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions