The Junior Scheduler is responsible for assisting their assigned Project Management team consisting of the Project Manager, Project Controls Manager, and Scheduler in the planning, scheduling, schedule analysis, progress tracking, schedule updates, and change management of their assigned project. The Junior Scheduler performs tasks related to the collection of schedule data required to monitor project progress. Assists in developing and monitoring schedules, reporting variances per established deadlines. Under direct supervision may draft and computerize construction schedules for projects as assigned. Position normally requires a 4 year degree and 0-2 years of experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Job duties will include but not be limited to the following:
• Assist in Project Planning and Scheduling
• Assist in producing baseline project schedules
• Assist in Project Progress / Schedule Management
• Assist in Establishing the Original Plan
• Assist in Monthly Cost Status and Forecasts
• Analyze Trends and Change Orders for cost impact
• Assist in Earned Value Management analysis
• Attend Weekly OAC Meetings
• Ability to prepare Meeting Minutes and Supporting Documentation
• Subcontractor Application for Payment verification and progress tracking
• Ability to analyze Risk Register and assist prepare time impact analysis
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field and 0-2 years’ of work experience in Project Controls, Field Engineering or Construction Management.
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects/activities in a dynamic fast paced environment.
• Superior communication, and organization skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with and manage cross-functional teams.
• Advanced skills with Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Hands-On experience in using Project Management System / Cost Control Data Base (i.e. Procore)
• Intermediate to advanced skills with Primavera P6
• Ability to travel and/or relocate
In addition to the above listed minimum requirements, candidates who possesses the following skills, experience, and capabilities may receive greater consideration during the evaluation process:
• Experience in projects greater than $50 million
• Experience with Sage/Timberline
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)