|The Lemartec Site Safety Officer is responsible for promoting and ensuring site safety and has a comprehensive knowledge for the day to day safety field operations for their assigned project(s) including planning, coordinating, and enforcing safety regulations and codes while serving as the company’s point of contact for owners, subcontractors, regulatory agencies and Lemartec’s team for all safety related matters. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage new hire safety orientation program and provide ongoing job specific safety training
- Perform daily site safety inspections and the inspection of safety equipment; removal of any defective equipment and manage the fall protection equipment inspection procedures
- Establish a schedule for the preparation, submittal, review, and acceptance of Job Hazard Analysis
- Develop, implement and maintain comprehensive accepted Job Hazard Analysis program
- Ensure subcontractor compliance regarding safety and health requirements
- Compile, analyzes, and interprets statistical data related to near-miss, incidents, injuries and illnesses
- Participate in fact finding Root Cause Analysis for injury/incident investigations and obtain accident and injury reports from jobsites
- Record and manage all site safety documentation and provide detailed weekly written reports
- Participate in safety pre-construction meetings and pre-work meetings
- Facilitate mass safety meetings and required weekly tailgate safety meetings
- Compile materials for safety meetings, prepare agendas, and record meeting minutes
- Manage and coordinate substance abuse testing and set up medical clinics for new jobsites
- Facilitate Lemartec's “return to work program” with employees, medical professionals, and project personnel
- Serve as liaison for worker’s compensation reporting, case management, and recordkeeping and participate in Lemartec’s claims management process
- Bachelor’s Degree in occupation health or related field with a minimum of 3 years work experience
- Experience working in Industrial, Aviation, Energy sectors
- Extensive working knowledge of OSHA regulations, NFPA standards or other applicable codes
- Demonstrated construction safety experience with solid industrial hygiene field skill set
- Advanced Safety/Industrial Hygiene Certifications (CSP, ASP, CIH, OHST, and CHST) preferred
- Experience in dealing with regulatory agencies, safety and health professionals and legal representatives
Proven ability to manage multiple projects/activities in a dynamic fast pace environment.
- Full knowledge and understanding of all local, state, and federal OSHA requirements and construction safety
- Superior communication and organization development skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Experience with the following software:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Document Control Programs
offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. The above description covers the principal tasks and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Lemartec
is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace. All aspects of consideration for employment with Lemartec
are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local law.