The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the construction operations department, primarily under the direction of the VP of Project Services. Position skills include: a high level of motivation and commitment to the organization, the ability to work independently and interact with other departments, a strong analytical capacity, and the ability to maintain confidentiality about all information and documentation. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Controls all incoming/outgoing correspondence; including legal correspondence (domestic & international).
- Creates monthly expense reports - Credit Card(s) & Petty Cash. Also creates check requests for invoices when needed.
- Reconciles monthly reports.
- Manages Supervisor’s schedule and meetings.
- Organizes and maintains filing system(s); keeps legal cases organized by establishing and organizing files; monitoring calendars; meeting deadlines; documenting actions; inputting information into file database and case management software; confirming case status with attorney.
- Create custom reports and presentations in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Prepares timely agendas and minutes.
- Coordinates travel – hotel, car rental, and reservations itineraries.
- Answers phone calls & takes messages. Answers routine questions and/or follow-through on routine requests.
- Dictation and final documentation preparation.
- Ensure work items such as daily, weekly, or monthly data reports are received. Follow-up and expedite late items.
- Miscellaneous support to project/department staff as required; additional assignments per Supervisor’s direction.
- Responsible for compiling and updating all information for Procedures Manual.
- Updates all databases (i.e., Timberline, Excel, Access and Heavy Job) with equipment, insurance and property information.
- Assist with discovery by developing/supporting legal counsel, implementation of same in connection with responses; works to ensure legal discovery matters are complete and timely.
- Serve as Point of Contact for Insurance and Bonding Compliance
- Correspondence with bond/insurance companies, attorneys, and related parties.
- Organization of documents to facilitate prompt retrieval & enable presentation of Contract Compliance issues.
- Maintains filing system for Contractor Compliance and/or Affiliates
- AA or AS degree in Business related course of work.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Software.
- Able to type 50-60 WPM accurately and able to take dictation.
- Please note, no prior legal experience is required.
In addition to the above listed minimum requirements, candidates who poses the following skills, experience, and capabilities may receive greater consideration during the evaluation process:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT – ALL OFFICE POSITIONS
- Three (3) years working in construction/engineering/architecture related field with emphasis on cost (desirable)
- Five (5) years working with Senior Executive Management (desired).
- When visiting jobsites, the work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions
- This work environment may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors and/or loud noises
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions