The Skilled Laborer is responsible for performing tasks involving physical labor at Lemartec construction projects. This position will be proficient in operating hand and power tools of all types. The Skilled Laborer will have proven general construction experience and specifically with additional training in a trade through courses and certification with the ability to thoroughly understand and follow directions provided by the Project Superintendent. The Construction Laborer should also have the ability to read basic design documents, specifications and be familiar with Code requirements associated with the assigned installations.
Other skills and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- General understanding of subcontractors scope of work
- OSHA 30 Certification and safety enforcement
- Proficient and skilled in the use of common construction tools (i.e. hand drill, grinder, nail gun, skill saw, sander, chain hoist, line level, spray guns, jackhammer, compactor, etc.)
- Knowledge of schedule and productivity requirements associated with completing work activities
- Ability to mix, place and finish concrete
- Ability to support asphalt installation (sub base, compaction, butt joints, etc.)
- Provide labor associated with hand excavation and installation of side supports
- Provide labor and support in the erection of scaffolding as required
- Identify and correct potential hazards and safety issues with required labor
- Provide labor in the demolition of existing structures in a safe and efficient manner
- Support the Project Superintendent in completing the Daily Log Reports (Procore)
- Support the Project Superintendent during quality inspections
- Inspect work ensuring quality installations per drawings
- Provide the labor for the surveyor and the setting of control points, bench marks and batter boards
- Perform site clean-up and housekeeping as required and as directed by the Project Superintendent
- Provide labor in the unloading and loading of construction materials and equipment
- OSHA 30 Certification – In depth knowledge of OSHA safety standards and procedures.
- Training and certification in a specialty or trade (Electrical, Plumbing, Mechanical, Masonry, Roofing)
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to the work schedule.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Ability to use and operate tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing – English and Spanish preferred.
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
- Ability to attend and contribute to construction coordination meetings and safety meetings.
- Consistent and dependable attendance to work schedule.
- Ability to work overtime as directed.
offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. The above description covers the principal tasks and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Lemartec
is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace. All aspects of consideration for employment with Lemartec
are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local law.