This position is primarily responsible for supporting activities in the Procurement department. Performs assignments related to the procurement of equipment, tools, parts, services, and supplies necessary to meet operational/business objectives. The procurement assistant will interface with internal and external customers, supplier contacts and works cross functionally with other groups to resolve supply chain issues.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Researches and purchases the best materials, services, and merchandise at the lowest possible purchase cost.
- Under the direction of the Supervisor, will negotiate prices and grants contracts that ensure the right quantity of the product or service when it is needed.
- Issue purchase orders and change orders as necessary in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Evaluates suppliers on multiple criteria: price, quality, service support, availability, reliability, selection, specification data, etc.
- Database management – subcontractors and suppliers
- Maintain communication with customs for clearance of shipments
- Purchase order/Commitment Log Maintenance
- Acquiring proper Insurance information from suppliers
- Shipping Status updates and coordination for product deliveries
- Perform all clerical requirements, as needed, with reference to specific responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 2 years of College level Construction Project Management, engineering or related field course work
- 1-year experience working in the construction industry
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT – ALL OFFICE POSITIONS
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, i.e Excel)
- Proficient communication, interpersonal and organization skills along with an attention to detail and a high level of accuracy and professionalism
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with simultaneous deadlines and prioritize workload in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact with multiple personalities at all levels within the organization
- Assist supervisors with preparation of reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
- When visiting jobsites, the work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions
- This work environment may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors and/or loud noises
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions