Performs assignments related to the procurement of equipment, tools, parts, services, and supplies necessary to meet
operational/business objectives. This position is responsible for selecting and negotiating with approved vendors, processes requisitions,
ensuring project equipment, services, and materials are purchased and delivered at the best overall value, comply with specified quality
standards and use requirements, are delivered on time and follows up with vendors when there is a problem with delivery. Issues and
maintains purchase orders to company policies and procedures. Interfaces with internal and external customers, supplier contacts and
works cross functionally with other groups to resolve supply chain issues.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Maintains manual and computerized procurement records, such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality
Provide information to the Purchasing Manager, as required,
Perform all clerical requirements, as needed, with reference to specific responsibilities.
Develop reliable sources of supply and sound supplier relationships.
Maintain ethical conduct with all supplier relations.
Maintain open communication lines with other departments.
Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Lemartec.
Perform various other duties assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
Receive requisitions from various divisions and when necessary discusses specifications with supervisors to clarify
Place orders for varieties of materials and services
Review and evaluate requisitions for complete and accurate information.
Resolve questionable items with requesting department and/or purchasing management.
Participate in negotiations with suppliers.
May participate in preparing written specifications for purchasing commodities or analyzing specifications, bids or quotations.
Issue purchase orders and change orders as necessary in accordance with company policy and procedures.
Ensure the purchase of all goods and services comply with company policy and procedures and guidelines.
Ensure the materials and services are purchased at best overall value, in specified quantity and quality, within specified leadtime.
Follow and expedite procurement through delivery of the product or services specified and invoicing.
Keep operations advised with respect to lead-time on critical material or products.
As required, review invoices with accounts payable where the price or terms don’t agree with the purchase order.
As required, review open commitment reports to insure all purchase orders are received, paid, close out in a timely manner in
accordance with company policy and procedures.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
· Three to five years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Construction Experience a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· Strong computer skills
· Proficient communication, interpersonal and organization skills along with an attention to detail and a high level of accuracy and
· Ability to handle multiple tasks with simultaneous deadlines and prioritize workload in a fast-paced dynamic environment
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to interact with multiple personalities at all levels within the organization
· Assist supervisors with preparation of reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
· Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
· When visiting jobsites, the work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following
basic safety precautions
· This work environment may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes,
smoke, unpleasant odors and/or loud noises
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions