The Lemartec Regional EHS Supervisor is responsible for providing support in the areas of health and safety on assigned projects working directly with field personnel such as Project Managers, Project Safety Officers, Superintendents and Labors, and providing direction to management and supervisors to ensure compliance with company, state, and federal safety standards; as well as providing the knowledge and skills to help generate a positive health and safety culture and to help ensure that occupational risks are controlled. The ideal candidate will have proven safety supervision experience, a history of leading, teaching, developing, and mentoring others successfully, and a complete understanding of all safety protocols.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversight/control of hazardous working conditions & unsafe employee activities via project management/supervisory staff.
- Regular walk through safety inspections of construction areas to determine compliance with company rules & regulations.
- Reporting inspections in a timely manner, documenting deficiencies, and performing follow-up activities to ensure corrective action is enforced.
- Oversight of staff & craft safety training to advance safety awareness & understanding in
- Accordance with both Company & Government safety programs
- Assist Safety Officers in the investigation of any accident, incident and near miss occurring on the jobsite and ensure that person conducting the investigation complete all required documentation on a timely basis
- Represent the company in all matters pertaining to site OSHA inspections or visits conducted by its Insurance Carrier/Mastec
- Perform special projects and completes all other duties as assigned or requested for the general support of the organization
You must be highly organized, thorough, and detail-oriented with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks. The successful candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively with personnel at all organizational levels and be able to travel (National and/or International). This position reports directly to the Corporate Safety Manager.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 5 years’ work experience supporting similar key responsibilities with minimum 4-year accredited degree specializing in business, risk management, safety administration, or other closely related discipline
- General knowledge in Loss Control & Claims Management
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills with the ability to present ideas clearly verbally and in writing
- Basic knowledge of construction safety work rules and relevant OSHA requirements and regulations including, OSHA Part 1910 and 1926 Safety requirements, NEC, NFPA and ANSI standards for construction
- Basic understanding of state Workers Compensation laws and reporting requirements
- Authorized OSHA 500 Construction Outreach Trainers, preferred
- Experience with the following software: Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc.)
In addition to the above listed minimum requirements, candidates who poses the following skills, experience, and capabilities may receive greater consideration during the evaluation process:
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Regularly exposed to outside weather conditions
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and extreme heat
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration
- Noise level in the work environment is usually loud
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions