This is a Temporary position, Caribbean location may vary depending on project. Must be willing to travel and open to temporary relocation if applicable.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree or an Associate’s degree or diploma
- Four or more years’ experience working as a roofer or carpenter
Physical Demands and Work Environment – ALL CRAFT POSITIONS
- Take reasonable care of your own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected by the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working toward Zero Injury principles
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify technical malfunctions in electrical units
- Sound understanding of handling and using electrical repair tools and equipment
- An ability to read, develop, and follow blueprints and wiring schematics
- Setting project sites up including equipment and scaffolding.
- Working in a safe manner that complies with OSHA safety standards.
- Ability to interpret plans and specifications
- Identify necessary repairs including removal of existing fascia, plywood, flashing and roofing membrane.
- Working knowledge of roof pitches, assembly and support requirements in adherence with building codes and specifications.
- Understanding how materials and roofing systems go together and come apart in order to complete repairs to existing roofing systems. I.E. Ventilation, Sagging rafters, Water damaged sheathing, Structural damage under the roof soffit and fascia
- Communicating in order to complete the daily project goals.
- Ability to identify specific types of roofing materials and implement proper installation and repair methods.
- Ability to use all hand tools associated with roofing installation including simple hand tools and specific roofing related tools.
- Ability to identify safety hazards on project sites and take corrective measures to eliminate or reduce risks associated with those hazards.
- Physical ability to lift and maneuver heavy weighted objects including materials and equipment.
- Regularly exposed to outside weather conditions
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and extreme heat
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration
- Noise level in the work environment is usually loud
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. The above description covers the principal tasks and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Lemartec
is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace. All aspects of consideration for employment with Lemartec
are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local law.