This is a Temporary position, Caribbean location may vary depending on project. Must be willing to travel and open to temporary relocation if applicable.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Promote and comply with all Company and safety policies and procedures
- Ensure the proper functioning of all electrical units in the facility
- Ensure scheduled checks for spotting any malfunctions
- Completion of all tasks as assigned by the supervising manager
- Maintain records of all inventories and place orders for spare parts and equipment
- Maintain a log of repair and maintenance works
Knowledge of methods, tools, and materials in the repair and maintenance of air conditioning and chiller systems and pumps.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Working knowledge of computers and P.C. based energy management systems.
- Knowledge of safety precautions common to mechanical work.
- Ability to diagnose AC problems and determine the time and materials required to cause the repair.
- Ability to read electrical diagrams and to follow written and oral directions.
- Ability to direct the work activities of an assistant on site.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co workers and the public.
- Skill in the use of electronic testing equipment and tools.
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree or an Associate’s degree or diploma in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or any other related field of study
- Four or more years’ experience working as an HVAC Technician
Physical Demands and Work Environment – ALL CRAFT POSITIONS
- Take reasonable care of your own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected by the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working toward Zero Injury principles
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify technical malfunctions in electrical units
- Sound understanding of handling and using electrical repair tools and equipment
- An ability to read, develop, and follow blueprints and wiring schematics
- Regularly exposed to outside weather conditions
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and extreme heat
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration
- Noise level in the work environment is usually loud
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. The above description covers the principal tasks and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Lemartec
is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace. All aspects of consideration for employment with Lemartec
are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local law.