The Lemartec Estimator position is responsible for pre-construction planning, pre-bid attendance, bid management, and estimating activities. The primary job responsibility of this position will be the coordination of information between team members in the Estimating Department, accurately estimate complete quantity takeoffs and manage drawings, specifications, sub-contractor and vendor data. Responsibilities include following company and department policies and procedures, and the building and maintaining of strategic relationships with suppliers and sub-contractors, and document control. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Create, obtain and evaluate all documents/data required for bidding, including specifications, scopes of work, architectural documents, site plans, soils reports, community guidelines and all other pertinent documents that affect all costs of construction
- Work with suppliers, sub-contractors, etc., to facilitate bids, takeoffs, pricing, and proposals.
- Work with architects, drafters & engineers as required to ensure building plans are accurately documented.
- Participate in value engineering efforts and identify areas for improvement.
- Document estimating and pre-construction activities and keep team members informed.
- Maintain RFI log and bid contact log for projects.
- Work collaboratively with construction team to ensure scopes of work for each trade are clearly understood and adhered to by sub-contractors.
- Research and pre-qualify new vendors, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Administrative duties to field incoming calls, email and other correspondence.
- Create and manage project files.
- Manage & update online project management system.
- Maintain subcontractor contact records for potential vendors and sub-contractors.
- Ensure company procedures and internal control requirements are met.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, or related field preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in estimating/pre-construction.
- Experience and knowledge of construction industry practices, materials and methods involved and the purchasing of services and supplies.
- Must be proficient with computers including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc
- Must be proficient in internet search techniques and online research.
- Must be able to type.
- Strong writing & communication skills in English.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Understanding of construction and design.
- Ability to read and understand, building plans, scopes of work, specifications and other construction documents.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
- Creative and Innovative - must be a "think out-of-the-box" problem solver.