The Construction Carpenter is responsible for performing tasks involving physical labor at Lemartec construction projects. The Construction Carpenter will be proficient in operating hand and power tools of all types. Must have proven general construction experience and the ability to thoroughly understand and follow directions provided by the Project Superintendent with the ability to read basic design documents, specifications and be familiar with Florida Building Code requirements associated with the assigned installations.
Other skills and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- General understanding of subcontractors scope of work
- OSHA 30 Certification and safety enforcement
- Proficient and skilled in the use of common construction tools (i.e. hand drill, grinder, nail gun, skill saw, sander, chain hoist, line level, spray guns, jackhammer, compactor, etc.)
- Provide labor and support in the erection of scaffolding as required
- Identify and correct potential hazards and safety issues with required labor
- Identify necessary repairs including removal of existing fascia, plywood, flashing and roofing membrane.
- Working knowledge of roof pitches, assembly and support requirements in adherence with building codes and specifications.
- Understanding how carpentry materials and roofing systems go together and come apart in order to complete repairs to existing roofing systems. I.E. Ventilation, Sagging rafters, Water damaged sheathing, Structural damage under the roof and Soffit and fascia
- Perform site clean-up and housekeeping as required and as directed by the Project Superintendent
- Provide labor in the unloading and loading of construction materials and equipment
- OSHA 30 Certification – In depth knowledge of OSHA safety standards and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to the work schedule.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Ability to use and operate tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing – English and Spanish preferred.
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
- Ability to attend and contribute to construction coordination meetings and safety meetings.
- Consistent and dependable attendance to work schedule.
- Ability to work overtime as directed.
offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. The above description covers the principal tasks and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Lemartec
is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace. All aspects of consideration for employment with Lemartec
are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local law.