The Lemartec Subcontracts Manager is responsible for activities that span the entire procurement cycle, including but not limited to: negotiation of Subcontract and Material Agreements, preparation of RFP packages to subcontractors, evaluation of subcontractor proposals, price analysis, negotiation of terms and conditions, subcontract administration and closeout activities. Must work cross-functionally with legal counsel, estimating, project management and operations management groups as needed to perform duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Typical activities will include, but may not be limited to:
Additional Consideration will be given to those who poses the following skills & experience:
- Leads the subcontracting process from award through completion to ensure compliance with all terms and conditions, including price, schedule, reporting, safety and quality requirements.
- Identifies potential sources for required materials or services, and develops and issues Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
- Works with project teams in the development of RFP packages including but not limited to drawings and specifications, statements of work, and terms and conditions for procurement of subcontracting requirements, specialized materials, equipment, for multiple contract types.
- Insures solicitations are consistent with the complexity of the requirements of the Prime Contract, or Prime Contract RFP. The candidate must possess the ability to analyze supplier proposals with respect to T’s & C’s, appropriate FAR clause flow-downs, proposed price/cost, schedule, and coordination of the technical review as it relates to the specifications/statement of work.
- Prepares/reviews subcontractor proposals, develops evaluation criteria, negotiates subcontract provisions including special terms, selects or recommends subcontractors, develops subcontract packages, prepares awards and administers resulting subcontracts. Documents the entire negotiation basis of award process.
- Develops, negotiates, and issues various types of subcontract agreements including non-disclosure agreements, and memorandum of understanding.
- Acts as primary interface between subcontractors and the programs being supported for all subcontracts related issues. Identifies and resolves issues and problems on assigned subcontracts and make recommendations to management
- Works with project team to manage subcontract change process and negotiates additions, deletions, back charges and/or modifications to subcontracts.
- Regularly interacts with program management, estimating, project control, finance, business development on proposal development opportunities.
- Provides subcontract advice and counsel to program managers, engineering personnel and other related functions such as finance, quality and contract administration.
- Performs day-to-day subcontract administration functions in support of assigned contracts. Focus on Day-One-Readiness activities to ensure effective transitions from proposals to operational performance. Enters administrative and financial data on subcontracts into various subcontract databases.
- Ensuring compliance with solicitation provisions and clauses and company policies and procedures throughout the proposal subcontracting process.
- Monitors subcontractor performance around costs, schedule and reporting requirements and documents subcontract file in accordance with established Procurement Policies and Procedures.
- Maintains subcontract proposal and contract documents in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and company policies.
- Performing other related duties and special projects as required including but not limited to:
- Lead prequalification process of all new vendors/subcontractors to be used by company
- Maintain current Insurance Certificates & Contractor License for all subcontractors and vendors as required.
- Coordinates and participates in subcontractor surveys and program reviews. Reviews and monitors payments, commitments and funding status.
- Performs subcontract closeout and other related duties as assigned.
- Bilingual (English & Spanish)
- Experience using ProCore (or equivalent)
- CPM and/or PMP Certified (or in progress)