The Project Accountant performs a variety of accounting tasks, including managing accounts payable and accounts receivable, and recording transactions. This is a Temporary Position.
- Review and process invoices
- Follow-up on invoice approvals
- Meet with Controller on a weekly basis for payment selection
- Gather and prepare all necessary documents for release of payment
- Monitor compliance with insurance requirements
- Update and maintain accounting records related to notice to owners, lien waivers, and sworn statements of account
- Investigate variances between actual and projected cost
- Create new vendors in the accounting software
- Handle calls regarding Accounts Payable
- Reconciling vendor statements
- Review and process project-related billings to customers
- Communicate with project teams regarding unpaid contract billings
- Post cash receipts
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Perform other work as required or assigned
- Experience with Sage 300 Construction Software
- Must have experience in the Construction industry
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Organizational, verbal and written communication skills a must.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
In addition to the above listed minimum requirements, candidates who poses the following skills, experience, and capabilities may receive greater consideration during the evaluation process:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent a plus
offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. The above description covers the principal tasks and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Lemartec
is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace. All aspects of consideration for employment with Lemartec
are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local law